Today, Vodafone launches Vodafone Pro Broadband with Alexa Built-in – offering customers a UK broadband first with a Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in, hybrid 4G broadband back-up and dedicated WiFi Xpert support from £38 per month.
Vodafone’s new booster includes Alexa voice-integration – giving households the ability to listen to music, check the news, set reminders and activate internet downtime, plus many more features using Alexa. The new hub also supplies whole-home coverage for any household, with a simple plug-and-play set up and a smart connection via the Vodafone Home Broadband app.
There’s also access to Alexa skills, such as the ‘Dinnertime’ skill – allowing customers to pause the internet on selected devices for 30 minutes of downtime by saying “Alexa, turn on dinnertime” – meaning children and adults will have less distractions when the family comes together.
Customers who choose Vodafone Pro Broadband with Alexa Built-in will receive a Super WiFi Plus boosterwith the ability to:
- Use voice control to listen to music, including Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify (coming soon), as well as setting alarms and timers, and creating lists.
- Use Alexa to turn on house lighting, adjust thermostats and lock doors with compatible smart devices.
- Ask Alexa to tell a joke, read the time, answer questions, check the weather and more.
Customers on eligible Pay Monthly mobile plans can also use Vodafone OneNumber to make and receive calls on their Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in, using their existing mobile number and allowance. And customers who are new to Amazon Music can also enjoy a 90-day free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited with their Pro with Alexa Built-in plans.
Max Taylor, Consumer Director, Vodafone UK, said: “We launched Vodafone Pro Broadband earlier this year to provide customers unbreakable broadband at an unbeatable price. Now we’re going one step further by adding this incredible unique Alexa-integrated broadband service, bringing the latest technology into our customers’ homes, making family life even easier.”
The new booster also features WiFi 6 technology as well as everything that Vodafone Pro Broadband offers, including:
- Broadband back-up – providing an unbreakable internet connection with the router automatically using Vodafone’s 4G mobile network if the fixed-line connection goes down.
- Super Wi-Fi Guarantee –delivering Wi-Fi signal into every room of the house by using boosters to reach black spots. Customers who aren’t satisfied with their home Wi-Fi coverage will be offered the opportunity to leave their contract fee-free.
- Wi-Fi Xperts – a dedicated team of highly trained broadband and Wi-Fi engineers who will proactively monitor and fix customers’ issues. They’ll be in touch in the first ten days to make sure customers are set-up and their broadband is tailored to their home.
- A Faster Fibre Promise –meaning that customers will get upgraded for free to full fibre (FTTP) broadband as soon as it rolls out in their street. If this is already available at their home they can choose fibre broadband packages with average speeds of up to 900 Mbps.
- The option to upgrade to Pro Xtra plans for £8 a month extra, which includes a 4K Apple TV, unlimited landline and mobile calls, plus no in-contract price rises, as well as Apple TV+ which is included free for 3 months for new Apple TV+ subscribers.
- We’ve also partnered withNorton to give all Pro customers award winning anti-virus protection and parental controls for free in the first 12 months, and then at half price for the next year.
- Finally, all Vodafone Pro customers who also have an eligible airtime plan with us can save up to £3 a month on their bill with a Vodafone Together discount.
For every new and existing Vodafone Together customer, Vodafone will provide a person in need with a SIM card, loaded with 20GB of data plus free calls and texts each month for up to a year. The ‘Buy One, Give One’ initiative ensures that connectivity reaches those who need it most, with SIMs being distributed through the Trussell Trust’s UK network of food bank centres.
“We’re excited to bring Alexa to Vodafone Pro customers,” said Dennis Stansbury, Alexa UK & Ireland Country Manager. “The Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in is another great way for customers to enjoy Alexa in their home.”